mEngine from Mathsource

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg128685] mEngine from Mathsource
  • From: daniel.manka85 at googlemail.com
  • Date: Sat, 17 Nov 2012 03:48:15 -0500 (EST)

Hi,

I tried mEngine from Mathematica Math Source to transfer matrix and variable data between Matlab and Mathematica. It doesn't work in an 64bit environment (64bit matlab/mathematica). So I tried to compile the given source code in 64bit. I got the compiler working in a 32bit environment and also get a working 32bit .exe.

Then I did the same on the 64bit environment and don't get any compiler failures if I use a recent version of mprep to build the template.c from the template.tm
But the .exe doesn't work as expected. The mEngine.exe opens but there is a failure when I try to use the mPut[], mCmd[],..  commands. Those functions are also not displayed when using ?mEngine`*.

Another try was to use an older (32bit) version of mprep to create the template.c file. This file includes more source code but then I get a linker error:
1>template.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol engcmd referenced in function _tr4
1>template.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol engputr referenced in function _tr5
1>template.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol engputc referenced in function _tr6
1>template.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol engget referenced in function _tr7

If I comment those four lines the compilation works and I also get an .exe file which shows all expected functions when using ?mEngine`*. But I get a failure when I try to use them.

Somebody has an idea how I can solve this?