Function Libraries and 'LibraryFunction'

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg128730] Function Libraries and 'LibraryFunction'
  • From: pw <p.willis at>
  • Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2012 19:49:35 -0500 (EST)

I want to compile some library functions into a linux library
for use with Mathematica.

In general the library will reside in /usr/lib
and be an ELF format .so  file.

1.) Are there any 'gotchas' that I should be aware of?

2.) Do I need to link with Mathematica libraries if I don't use the
MathLink calls, or do I need to wrap all my data types?

3.) Is there any additional documentation that exposes the use of
external binary libs in Mathematica? (ie: Best practices)

Thanks for any pointers.