Special characters on file names: issues with linux
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg128736] Special characters on file names: issues with linux
- From: Davi CR <davi3070008 at me.com>
- Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2012 19:51:35 -0500 (EST)
- Delivered-to: email@example.com
- Delivered-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Delivered-to: email@example.com
- Delivered-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Hi, I think I did something not very wise in a program of mine. From either a Mac or a Windows, I exported data to diverse files that have special characters in their file names, for instance some files have the greek letter nu in the middle of the file name. Both Mac and Windows could write and read files with such characters. Nevertheless, it seems linux has difficulties... I am using opensuse 12.2 .
If I try in this system to export a file with such character, the output file is NGC\[Nu]TablePhoto.csv, where it should be NGC=CE=BDTablePhoto.csv. Also, from linux I cannot import files as NGCCE=BDTablePhoto.csv (unless I edit its file name), since Mathematica in linux looks for NGC\[Nu]TablePhoto.csv.
Is this a known issue? Is there a way to properly call such files under mathematica in linux?
PS: to import I use simply Import["NGC=CE=BDTablePhoto.csv"], it works on mac and windows.
Prev by Date:
Cannot calculate with Dynamic variables
Next by Date:
Re: Novice problem in mathematica syntax : Function of a function:
Previous by thread:
Re: Cannot calculate with Dynamic variables
Next by thread:
question about NIntegrate