Re: How Can I Make A String Variable With Styled Text?

One should be able to do this with the function Interpretation;
however, Interpretation does not seem to work properly with strings.
I "interpret" that as a bug...

Thus, I believe that one should be able to define

temp = Interpretation[
  Row[{Style["This is boldface.", Bold], "  The rest is not."}],
  "This is boldface.  The rest is not."]

and then be able to execute some thing like,

Characters[temp]

and get the list of characters in the string.  This, however, does not
work.

--David