Bessel integral - Strange Hypergeometric Function

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg128806] Bessel integral - Strange Hypergeometric Function
  • From: Polal2is <hugo.flayac at gmail.com>
  • Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2012 03:51:16 -0500 (EST)

Dear all,
I need to evaluate analytically the integral of a Bessel function J_0(k*r) times an simple rational function 1/(k-k0) (k is the integration variable and k0 a constant) and Mathematica does the job pretty well with a little help.

The point is that I get a function that is very unclear in the output. Indeed, in addition to a J_0 function and a Struve function H_0, I get a:
"Hypergeometric0F1Regularized^(1,0)(1,-(1/4)k0^2 r^2)"
which could be very nice if there wasn't this "(1,0)" exponent. Since it would give nothing but another J_0 function.

Usually such exponent refers of course to the derivatives of the function but here it cannot be since: first there is only one variable "r" and second, I checked plotting the derivative together with this function that they are very different. Furthermore the derivative of "Hypergeometric0F1Regularized" is known by Mathematica so it should be explicitely given in that case. Very strange...

I really need to figure out what it is to have a usable analytical solution. The corresponding input is:

Assuming[{k > 0, k0 > 0, r > 0}, Integrate[BesselJ[0, k r]/(k - k0), {k, 0,+ [Infinity]}, PrincipalValue -> True]] // TraditionalForm

I thank you all in advance, cheers !