how to orient Polar Plot 0 Degrees at the North Pole

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg128814] how to orient Polar Plot 0 Degrees at the North Pole
  • From: "mathgroup " <fizzymath at knology.net>
  • Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2012 03:16:14 -0500 (EST)

Sometimes I want the 0 Degree  direction of  PolarPlot to be at the
North Pole......I have been able to do this by applying  Rotate to the
PolarPlot, e.g....

Rotate[PolarPlot[expr...],Pi/2]

but this also Rotates the numbers for the Degrees, etc.  which I
don't want.....

is there another way ?....I looked at the Options to see if there was
one which allowed you to do this but, if there is such an Option, I
didn't see it....

Thanks.....Jerry Blimbaum