Color according to concavity

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg128829] Color according to concavity
  • From: Sergio Miguel Terrazas Porras <sterraza at uacj.mx>
  • Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2012 06:04:46 -0500 (EST)

Dear fellows at mathgroup:

I want to plot a function with the color of the parts of the curve according to concavity, say Red when concve down an blue when concave up.

I can do it by brute force, finding whwn the second derivative is cero, and then finding the sign of it in the different intervals, etc. This for particular examples.

But, is there a way to use the second derivative as part of a ColorFunction, or something like that?

Thanks