Re: Integrating over 3D vector

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg128384] Re: Integrating over 3D vector
  • From: pw <p.willis at telus.net>
  • Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2012 02:10:28 -0400 (EDT)

Hello,

I see what you are getting at.
You have demonstrated the vector direction and force along
the 3D wire path according to biot-savart.

I took the liberty of rewriting the code sections from the
notebook you sent so that I could rearrange things and
enter (iterate) more numbers.

This is very close to what I was looking for.
I have not had much chance to do much more than look at
your notes and rearrange your code into programmatic space.

I will attempt to rearrange the code to allow me to make
a volumetric plot with a series of fixed distances from the wire.

What I hope is that I can ultimately step my way along
equally spaced positions along the (any) path and
iterate through a series of radial distances from those.

Peter