Fourier Transform of a "step" function

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg128500] Fourier Transform of a "step" function
  • From: etaghtron at gmail.com
  • Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2012 01:43:35 -0400 (EDT)

Dear Group,

I am new to Mathematica. So question might be naive.

I have a function, which is defined in this form

F(x) = a + b x + c x^2(0 < x < x0)
F(x) = 0 (x > x0)

This function is simple. However, its Fourier transform is not straightforward due to the limits of the function. I probably can do it manually, but I have a few other functions that are more complex than this one, which also requires Fourier transform. So I'd like to know if Mathematica can handle this.

If you could please shed some light on this, I would be really grateful.

Best Regards,
Frank