Re: Trying to use Mathematica as "word processor" for my math homework

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg128528] Re: Trying to use Mathematica as "word processor" for my math homework
  • From: Richard Fateman <fateman at cs.berkeley.edu>
  • Date: Sun, 28 Oct 2012 23:40:49 -0400 (EDT)

On 10/26/12 8:48 PM, mrkhrdr at gmail.com wrote:
> On Tuesday, November 4, 2003 12:43:34 AM UTC-8, Bob Harris wrote:
>> Howdy,
>>
>> I have recently returned to grad school, and am attempting to use
>> mathematica as my "word processor" for my math-related homework.

I have a suggestion.  Ask your instructor if this makes sense.
As a (former)j instructor at both MIT (math) and UC Berkeley,
(computer science) my advice is:
don't waste your time on this. It will not improve your understanding
or your grade. On the contrary, it will distract you,
and possibly thwart your efforts to show your answers.

RJF