Re: Is there documentation of the format of a "sound object"

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg127931] Re: Is there documentation of the format of a "sound object"
  • From: Ralph Dratman <ralph.dratman at gmail.com>
  • Date: Sun, 2 Sep 2012 04:35:42 -0400 (EDT)

I don't know whether the material I am pasting in will come through the
email process intact, but here goes... good luck... the format looks like a
serious headache to me.

>From the Wikipedia article "aiff format":

An AIFF file is divided into a number of chunks. Each chunk is identified
by a *chunk ID* more broadly referred to as
FourCC<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FourCC>