A new FrontEnd
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg127934] A new FrontEnd
- From: Mikhail Cherkasskii <macherkasskiy at gmail.com>
- Date: Mon, 3 Sep 2012 02:55:49 -0400 (EDT)
- Delivered-to: email@example.com
- Delivered-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Delivered-to: email@example.com
- Delivered-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
I had seen posts about FrontEnd interface. I agree with authors who say: FrontEnd in Mathematica 8 is archaic interface. And again I would like to say about this problem. Today we can see a lot of useful programs that have deal with text, graphics, numerical data and so on. For example look at another CAS system. There are a useful tools for graphics edit, for variables edit. MS Word is simple and powerful text editor with ribbon interface. OriginPro is power tool for graphics. Any modern internet browser has a tab interface. Why not?
But Mathematica forces me use palettes. Yes, they can be useful, but in very limited cases. Summing up I would like to say: today we have a lot of examples and ideas, that can be use for create a new, real new FrontEnd interface.
Prev by Date:
Re: split the sublists into parts according to some rules
Next by Date:
Re: Command Possible?
Previous by thread:
Re: How to create links or bookmarks to jump to sections inside a notebook
Next by thread:
Re: A new FrontEnd