Integrate yields complex results
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg127969] Integrate yields complex results
- From: matteo.poggi.fi at gmail.com
- Date: Thu, 6 Sep 2012 04:13:54 -0400 (EDT)
- Delivered-to: email@example.com
- Delivered-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Delivered-to: email@example.com
- Delivered-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Hi, using Mathematica 8.0 I computed this expression:
Integrate[((1 + y^2) (1 + x^2 + y^2)^(1/2))^(-1), y]
obtaining ugly complex Logarithms which cannot be simplified even with ExpToTrig. The correct real result is given by Mathematica 5.2 and is
How is possible to obtain this result with 8.0 version.
I even tried to calculate Real and Imaginary part, but 8.0 refuses to do that. Please help me. I need to use Mathematica for research.
Prev by Date:
Re: Command Possible?
Next by Date:
Transforming/expanding a list
Previous by thread:
Next by thread:
Re: Integrate yields complex results