Re: A new FrontEnd

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg127984] Re: A new FrontEnd
  • From: Bill Rowe <readnews at sbcglobal.net>
  • Date: Fri, 7 Sep 2012 04:56:29 -0400 (EDT)

On 9/5/12 at 3:07 AM, rodrigomurtax at gmail.com (Murta) wrote:

>1- More Undo! (1 Undo is a shame)

The key issue here is what a multiple level undo would undo. If
the thought is simply to be able to undo text typed into the
front end with no attempt to undo computations or concern
regarding variable state reflect the result of undoing changes
to text input, that is one thing. But to have variable state,
computations etc reflect the undone changes to text input is
quite something else and probably not possible to do in general.

>2- A decent debugger (don't tell me to use Workbench, I don't want
>to lose my 2D interface).

A better debugger might be useful to me.

>3- Riches graphics pallet. (Try to plot Plot[Sin[x], {x, 0, 10},
>PlotLabel -> "Test"], and change the label position or size..!.. it
>isn't friendly)

What is difficulty here of editing the command that generated
the graphic and re-rendering the graphic?