VertexLabeling in GraphPlot

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg128025] VertexLabeling in GraphPlot
  • From: Stefan Wolfrum <metawops at gmail.com>
  • Date: Sun, 9 Sep 2012 17:32:43 -0400 (EDT)

Hi folks,

this is my very first posting to this group. So be patient with me if I'm making any mistakes. :-)

I was playing with GraphPlot and soing something like this:
Manipulate[=E2=80=A8 GraphPlot[Table[i -> Mod[3 i + 1, n], {i, n}], VertexLabeling -> True, =E2=80=A8  DirectedEdges -> True], {n, 10, 200, 1}]

Sometimes the resulting yellow label boxes are overlapping and I was wondering if there is any way to manipulate the drawing of those labels? Unfortunately, LabelStyle->Small doesn't work here. (Of course, making the image larger reduces this problem but my screenestate isn't unlimited =E2=80=A6 ;-))

I was also wondering how I could make more space around each single VertexLabel so that they spread out more (and thus don't overlap).

Any help greatly appreciated! :-)

Thanks a lot in advance,
Stefan.