Re: A new FrontEnd

Well I agree with David Park that it is certainly not a specification of
any sort. And who said that anything had to be "abandoned" at all?

It doesn't seem surprising to me at all that a computing environment
with the breadth of Mathematica, coupled with the myriad ways it is
employed in very diverse endeavors might stimulate a lot of discussion
concerning interface issues. It might just be that a number of different
interfaces to the underlying technology is appropriate. I certainly
expect that many would differ on this idea.

Sometimes the actual focus of the user is really the creation of a
document. Sometimes it is as an application for others. Sometimes it is
as an aid to a thought process, or to exploration, or to
problem-solving. It can be only one thing; it can be a combination. I
would dare to say that there are those who might love to walk up to a
virtual blackboard and interact with Mathematica live on that surface
with a writing implement. I can think of at least one ;)

Cheers,

Leo