Speed of VectorPlot3D Object and Mouse Rotation

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg128098] Speed of VectorPlot3D Object and Mouse Rotation
  • From: "mathgroup " <fizzymath at>
  • Date: Sat, 15 Sep 2012 03:39:19 -0400 (EDT)
I asked a question several weeks ago about speeding up 3D Graphics using VectorPlot3D  and Mouse Rotation....I never got a direct answer, however, several persons  (Yves and Alexei) posted answers for another question that helped to solve mine......for my case and computer ..........

I  set MaxRecursion->3  and in the Options Inspector under Graphics Options I changed Graphics Rendering to HardwareDepthBuffer......

The increase in speed of rendering really surprized me....and the Graphics object rotated almost instantly........MaxRecursion especially made a difference....if I set it to ten it took 3  worked like a charm....

thanks to Yves and Alexei......

jerry blimbaum