MathGroup Archive 2012

[Date Index] [Thread Index] [Author Index]

Search the Archive

Re: Crashing every other launch?

• To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg128255] Re: Crashing every other launch?
  • Date: Sat, 29 Sep 2012 02:59:34 -0400 (EDT)
  • Delivered-to: l-mathgroup@mail-archive0.wolfram.com
  • Delivered-to: l-mathgroup@wolfram.com
  • Delivered-to: mathgroup-newout@smc.vnet.net
  • Delivered-to: mathgroup-newsend@smc.vnet.net
  • References: <k40vuu$jad$1@smc.vnet.net> <k434am$ndp$1@smc.vnet.net>

I assume that you have sent all of this into Wolfram Support?

--David

On Sep 27, 11:09 pm, brackish <cdun... at gmail.com> wrote:
> This gets even more interesting!  I guess I forgot to install the add-ons last time.  I had drug the app to the Applications folder, but did not click on the addon/extras installer.
>
> I re-installed, and ran the add-on installer and made sure I had success with the browser module in Safari.  Now the situation has changed entirely.  Mathematica launches successfully every time!!
>
> However, a reboot was REQUIRED after the successful Safari plugin install.  Until I did so:
>
> 1. The icon on the toolbar was changed from the cool 3D red dodeca-thingay to the CDF icon as seen in Safari when viewing:http://www.wolfram.com/mathematica/plugin/success.html
>
> 2. Could not quit Mathematica.  The toolbar/plugin icon stays lit after quitting Mathematica in the CDF form.  And typing "ps -ef" at the unix prompt revealed many Mathematica processes still running despite my quitting.
>
> But now that I have re-booted I Mathematica launches and quits correctly every time!  Wow I hope this helps someone else !!
>
> SYNOPSIS:  My Mathematica install was janky until after I had successfully installed the Safari plug-in by running the extras/add-on installer. Now it seems to work fabulously!

• Prev by Date: Re: Reduce command Mathematica
  • Next by Date: Mathematica takes over .m files
  • Previous by thread: Re: Crashing every other launch?
  • Next by thread: How to process large uncompressed video file frame by frame?