Re: Crashing every other launch?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg128255] Re: Crashing every other launch?
- From: David Reiss <dbreiss at gmail.com>
- Date: Sat, 29 Sep 2012 02:59:34 -0400 (EDT)
- Delivered-to: email@example.com
- Delivered-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Delivered-to: email@example.com
- Delivered-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- References: <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org>
I assume that you have sent all of this into Wolfram Support? --David On Sep 27, 11:09 pm, brackish <cdun... at gmail.com> wrote: > This gets even more interesting! I guess I forgot to install the add-ons last time. I had drug the app to the Applications folder, but did not click on the addon/extras installer. > > I re-installed, and ran the add-on installer and made sure I had success with the browser module in Safari. Now the situation has changed entirely. Mathematica launches successfully every time!! > > However, a reboot was REQUIRED after the successful Safari plugin install. Until I did so: > > 1. The icon on the toolbar was changed from the cool 3D red dodeca-thingay to the CDF icon as seen in Safari when viewing:http://www.wolfram.com/mathematica/plugin/success.html > > 2. Could not quit Mathematica. The toolbar/plugin icon stays lit after quitting Mathematica in the CDF form. And typing "ps -ef" at the unix prompt revealed many Mathematica processes still running despite my quitting. > > But now that I have re-booted I Mathematica launches and quits correctly every time! Wow I hope this helps someone else !! > > SYNOPSIS: My Mathematica install was janky until after I had successfully installed the Safari plug-in by running the extras/add-on installer. Now it seems to work fabulously!