Re: Packages with data sets

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg130342] Re: Packages with data sets
  • From: debguy <johnandsara2 at cox.net>
  • Date: Wed, 3 Apr 2013 22:51:37 -0400 (EDT)

depends allot on data.  List?  File read as stream in special way?
got an example?

I'm supposing problem is using (ie, List) data is many times the 80mb
size.
I'm supposing you know mm 9 has CompressData[].
If you store it binary and read binary (to be plat compat) then it
will run slow.

So maybe ship a .tar.gz compressed file of InputForm input (List) and
have Mathematica one time only read and make a .mx if .mx does not yet
exist.  one time only.

that'd be the best of both worlds I think