Re: Splice fails (Mathematica 9; Windows)

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg130367] Re: Splice fails (Mathematica 9; Windows)
  • From: Roland Franzius <roland.franzius at uos.de>
  • Date: Thu, 4 Apr 2013 22:34:36 -0400 (EDT)

Am 03.04.2013 10:07, schrieb a.a.almasy at gmail.com:
> I have a similar problem. I am trying to Splice a file but all Mathematica would do is delete the two delimiters <* and *>. The code is:
>
> MyFortranForm[exp_, name_] := Module[{rules, file, out, frm, form},
>     rules = {};
>     file = name <> ".mf";
>     out = OpenWrite[file];
>     WriteString[out, name <> " = <* form *> "];
>     Close[out];
>     form =
>      StringJoin @@
>       Riffle[With[{splits =
>           StringSplit[ToString@FortranForm[exp //. rules], " "]},
>         Fold[If[StringLength[Last@#1] + StringLength[#2] > 60,
>            Join[#1, {#2}],
>            Join[Most[#1], {StringJoin[Last[#1], #2]}]] &, {First@
>            splits}, Rest[splits]]], "  &\n"] ;
>     On[frm];
>     Splice[name <> ".mf", PageWidth -> 120];
>     FilePrint[name <> ".f"];
>     Return[]
>     ];
>
> Now when I am using this on an expression:
>
> MyFortranForm[A+B+C, "test"]
>
> it returns:
>
> test = form
>
> Does anyone has any ideas? I cannot find the problem. Internally form has the right form but it won't get sliced into the file.

Your output in StringWrite is the string
    name <> " = <* form *> "
You have to replace it by

and evaluate the construction part for <form>

   form = StringJoin @@
        Riffle[With[{splits = ..... ;

before writing, preferably outside the module as a definition

form[text_,rules_]:=  StringJoin @@
        Riffle[With[{splits = ..... ;

--

Roland Franzius