Re: Splice fails (Mathematica 9; Windows)

I have a similar problem. I am trying to Splice a file but all Mathematica would do is delete the two delimiters <* and *>. The code is:

MyFortranForm[exp_, name_] := Module[{rules, file, out, frm, form},
   rules = {};
   file = name <> ".mf";
   out = OpenWrite[file];
   WriteString[out, name <> " = <* form *> "];
   Close[out];
   form =
    StringJoin @@
     Riffle[With[{splits =
         StringSplit[ToString@FortranForm[exp //. rules], " "]},
       Fold[If[StringLength[Last@#1] + StringLength[#2] > 60,
          Join[#1, {#2}],
          Join[Most[#1], {StringJoin[Last[#1], #2]}]] &, {First@
          splits}, Rest[splits]]], "  &\n"] ;
   On[frm];
   Splice[name <> ".mf", PageWidth -> 120];
   FilePrint[name <> ".f"];
   Return[]
   ];

Now when I am using this on an expression:

MyFortranForm[A+B+C, "test"]

it returns:

test = form

Does anyone has any ideas? I cannot find the problem. Internally form has the right form but it won't get sliced into the file.

Thanks,
Andrea