Re: Packages with data sets

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg130373] Re: Packages with data sets
  • From: Vince Virgilio <blueschi at gmail.com>
  • Date: Sat, 6 Apr 2013 05:09:50 -0400 (EDT)

Brentt,

You could put all data files in a subdirectory of your package dir, named "Data". Then use $InputFileName in your package file to create a variable named "dataDirectory". Directory and variables names at your discretion of course.

I've been keeping a variety of data this way for years, with extensions like XLS, MAT , WDX, and CSV. I avoid MX files because of their unportability (though I admire their speed).

Vince