How can I force mathematica to collect a symbol from a polynomial

Let's say I have a polynomial:
          a+b+c
Is there any way I can force mathematica to produce the following result:
          a*(1+b/a+c/a)

I think such transformation of polynomials should be very common; however, I have been trying all day and still can not get mathematica to do so automatically.