Re: rayshade POV Export help asked

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg130439] Re: rayshade POV Export help asked
  • From: "John D. Hendrickson and Sara Darnell" <johnandsara2 at>
  • Date: Thu, 11 Apr 2013 04:12:08 -0400 (EDT)

ugh.  I had ~/.Mathmatica/... softlinks fooling me that it worked,
then took efforts to use diff kernel etc to test.

had Context issues I wasn't expecting.

again, done again :)

"Import::fmterr: Cannot import data as JPEG format." is as good an
error message as any for now - for this release.

I think rayshade is worth the effort over POV for Mathematica for
looks and text quality, but believe I next need to go back and
equalize support in a few places to help POV.

but POV makes Text[] (loaded images) look bad.  And the rotation I did
to bring pov's  x-z-y  to  x-y-z  doesn't look quite right.  a third
thing about pov is the extra syntax and balking for surface options
where rayshade just ignores and agrees :)

thanks much again  -- John