Re: Can I join please?

On 10/04/2013 05:48, Martin Lowson wrote:
> I  have an immediate question too.  I have just purchased Mathematica 9
> (Personal version).  I would welcome recommendations on what sort of
> computer I should run this on.  I don't need massive capability but it's
> always nice to do the computations briskly.  The official system
> requirements: Intel Pentium III 650 MHz/5.5GB disc/ 1GB RAM, look pretty
> thin to me.
>

> Thanks
>

> Martin Lowson

I can't imagine you could buy a machine with that spec any more! I
recently moved to a new machine with 2.3 GHz and 8 GB RAM. Mine runs
64-bit Windows, and I would recommend you get a machine that runs in
64-bit mode (both 32 and 64-bit binaries are included in the same
installer).

David Bailey
http://www.dbaileyconsultancy.co.uk