Re: rayshade POV Export help asked

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg130480] Re: rayshade POV Export help asked
  • From: "John D. Hendrickson and Sara Darnell" <johnandsara2 at>
  • Date: Mon, 15 Apr 2013 02:27:38 -0400 (EDT)

Murray Eisenberg wrote:
> Did you just compile the Stanford Rayshade from source? On OS X?

Sorry, just Standford Rayshade for Linux *

However.  The Newest rayshade.2.3.tar.gz  handles POV much better than
it had before.  You might not benefit much from trying rayshade
raytracer **

withstanding that, the folks at:

might help you port rayshade and Utah Raster Toolkit from Linux to mac
if you want to try.  package netpbm most probably has been ported to
mac already.

Thanks again !  -- John

*  I have just Linux to work with until I can afford a nice Apple.
And I have not tried to get a remote account anywhere to try compiling
other arches.

** except for Text[] quality being at first easier, and, for some
things rayshade does does a nicer job, other times it takes longer for