Re: Plot with axes exchanged

Am 16.04.2013 06:34, schrieb Dr. Wolfgang Hintze:
> How can I exchange axes in a plot, i.e. plot the function value along
> the horizontal axis and the independent variable against the vertical
> axis?
>
> Any help is apreciated.

Plot[InverseFunction[(#^2&)][x],{x,0,1}]

may give you the wrong branch.

To get the desired branch use a parametrization

ParametricPlot[{x^2],x},{x,0,1}]

or mirror the graphics data at the identity function graph

pl = Plot[x^2, {x, -1, 2}];

pl1 = Graphics[pl[[1]] /. {x_Line :> Map[Reverse, x, {2}]},
   Axes -> True]

--

Roland Franzius