Re: Converting a magnified image of a line to a single

Dave,

On 4/17/13 1:30 AM, Dave Waddell wrote:
> I have a magnified image of a 0.1mm line here:
> http://www.d-a-v-e.org/images/Trace.jpg
> ... this converts with Binarize very well:
> http://www.d-a-v-e.org/images/Trace%20binary.jpg
> ... but what I would like to do is convert it to a single pixel wide smoothed line running right up the middle. Any suggestions or pointers on how to do this in Mathematica would be appreciated.
> Dave

The sequence below seems like a good start.
The documentation for the functions should help you understand what
is going on in more details:

trace = Import["http://www.d-a-v-e.org/images/Trace.jpg";]

b = ColorNegate@Binarize[trace];
b2 = SelectComponents[b, "Area", -1];