Re: AMD Benchmark[]

A year after you run the benchmark: the difference between today's
stuff and the new stuff will make the difference insignificant.

I'm unsure about modern AMD but classically they are a solid brand
which are faster in some areas than Intel and slower in others.  Your
choice of graphics card may be more important: but maybe not.  The bus
speed may end up being huge factor.  Or reliability might.

I'd be more worried about compatibility with, say, applications you
need to run for a college class or something.  Your ability to back up
any valued data.

Missively, "the longer you've programmed the less you'll need bleeding
edge speed" :)