Sparse Array Question

Hello,

I have a list of rules for defining a SparseArray.  The list has some
coordinates repeated with different values.  If a coordinate appears in
the list more than once, I want to sum up the values, and then have a
SparseArray

i.e., if my list were myList={{1,1}->1,{2,1}->2,{1,1}->3} then my
SparseArray should have {1,1}->4.  I've tried using ReplacePart on an
array to say myArray=ReplacePart[myArray,...] but this seems horribly
inefficient as a way to change values in an array.

I'm using Mathematica 5.2

Cheers,

Chris