Re: Step-By-Step Solutions in Pro V9 Mathematica?

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg131487] Re: Step-By-Step Solutions in Pro V9 Mathematica?
  • From: Murray Eisenberg <murray at>
  • Date: Wed, 7 Aug 2013 06:50:34 -0400 (EDT)

There are no functional differences between Professional, Home, and
Student edition of Mathematica except for license and support terms
(and, as I recall, an identification of Student edition on pages printed
from that).

On Aug 5, 2013, at 11:08 PM, amzoti <amzoti at> wrote:

> Mathematica offers products for things like Calculus that show
students step-by-step solutions.
> Wolfram-Alpha as has some of this functionality.
> Does the Professional V9 of Mathematica have this capability built-in
for things like calculus, differential equations, numerical routines
like Newton's and others, matrices (like steps for RREF, etc.), etc.?
> Thanks for any insights.
> ~A

Murray Eisenberg
murray at