Front End Stuck Initializing Kernel Connections

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg131488] Front End Stuck Initializing Kernel Connections
  • From: cragfire at gmail.com
  • Date: Wed, 7 Aug 2013 06:50:54 -0400 (EDT)

I'm running windows 7 64 mathematica 9 student edition. I've had mathematica work before, but it has suddenly stopped. Now when I try to start the front end it brings up the splash screen and gets stuck saying "initializing kernel connections". I can run just the mathematica kernel just fine. The CDF player does the same thing. Does this resemble a known issue?