Re: Mathematica does not recognize C Compiler

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg131491] Re: Mathematica does not recognize C Compiler
  • From: João Paulo Pereira <joaopereira9 at gmail.com>
  • Date: Thu, 8 Aug 2013 00:06:41 -0400 (EDT)

Hi, Joel,

Thanks for your comment. First of all I apologize for the late reply. Work
and then holidays got in the way.

The immediate thing I noticed from your comment was the problem with the
path name. In fact my path included the string "Joao" with a tilde in the *a
*. I already changed that.

The version of Visual C++ I have installed is the 2008 one. At least that's
what appears in the control panel.

 However the cl executable is at:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\VC\bin

I setup the CCompiler with the visual studio

$CCompiler = {"Compiler" -> GenericCCompiler,
   "CompilerInstallation" ->
    "C:\\Program Files (x86)\\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\\VC\\bin",
   "CompilerName" -> "cl.exe"};

Which it recognizes when I do $CCompiler it returns

{"Compiler" -> GenericCCompiler,
 "CompilerInstallation" ->
  "C:\\Program Files (x86)\\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\\VC\\bin",
 "CompilerName" -> "cl.exe"}

It seems fine but when I do the hello example it fails

In fact CCompilers[] returns nothing

There is still something I am missing here.

tks

Joao