MathSource Notebook Smith Normal Form Error - How to Correct?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg131555] MathSource Notebook Smith Normal Form Error - How to Correct?
- From: amzoti <amzoti at gmail.com>
- Date: Tue, 27 Aug 2013 02:59:45 -0400 (EDT)
- Delivered-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Delivered-to: email@example.com
- Delivered-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Delivered-to: email@example.com
Hi I am trying to do Rational Canonical Forms for matrices and there are no built-in things for this and Smith Normal Forms. I want to calculate the rational canonical matrix and the P such that A = PRP^(-1). This is a generalized variant of the Jordan Form (which I know how to do). I found this notebook on Math Source from V6: http://library.wolfram.com/infocenter/MathSource/7081/ It would be great if this package could show how the invariant canonical decomposition of [xI - A] was done (row and column operations). When I download this and try using it, it does not work and I cannot figure out why. Is there a way to correct this package so it works in Mathematica Version 9? Did I miss some other command in Mathematica V9 that can do all of this stuff? Thanks