Re: Creating an ordered list of pairs

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg132091] Re: Creating an ordered list of pairs
  • From: Alexei Boulbitch <Alexei.Boulbitch at>
  • Date: Tue, 3 Dec 2013 05:24:15 -0500 (EST)
How do I create an ordered list of pairs of the following structure:
{{x1,y1}, {x2,y2}, {x3,y3}, ...} ? I want x1, x2, and x3 to be increasing in constant-interval steps (e.g. 1,2,3) and similarly for the y's (e.g. 5,10,15). E.g.
{{1,5}, {1,10}, {1,15}, {2, 5}, {2,10}, ...} etc.

I cannot figure out how to do this with Table or Array. Is there another function that will do this?

Table does not create the correct nesting or structure.

Hi, Tony,

is probably what you need. Otherwise you should explain what are you after in a more clear way.

I strongly recommend that you should have a look into the documentation. This pays off astonishingly quickly.
Go to Menu/Help/Table or Menu/Help/ContourPlot for your other question which I will
not answer separately, and you will find there the answers to the questions you ask us.

One more thing: when using Mathematica stop thinking the Pithon-way,
think Mathematica-way. They are different. But first start consulting the documentation.

Have fun. Alexei

Alexei BOULBITCH, Dr., habil.
ZAE Weiergewan,
11, rue Edmond Reuter,