MathGroup Archive 2013

[Date Index] [Thread Index] [Author Index]

Search the Archive

Re: Data format AFTER import into Mathematica from Excel.xls worksheet

• To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg132092] Re: Data format AFTER import into Mathematica from Excel.xls worksheet
  • Date: Tue, 3 Dec 2013 05:24:36 -0500 (EST)
  • Delivered-to: l-mathgroup@mail-archive0.wolfram.com
  • Delivered-to: l-mathgroup@wolfram.com
  • Delivered-to: mathgroup-outx@smc.vnet.net
  • Delivered-to: mathgroup-newsendx@smc.vnet.net
  • References: <l59rcq$rdv$1@smc.vnet.net>

I just saw your post, so I may be late.  In any case, it seems to me that what you would like to get from Mathematica is what I have created in MXLPlus package.  In short this package provides a set of functions that can be used to access data by using column names.  You can get it for free following this link http://www.prontoanalytics.com/fdownloads.php.

This package is part of the backbone of BEST Viewpoints (http://youtu.be/RhYoWRT2yPk) which is a general use data analysis application that you may use to simplify the process of generating all the ContourPlots you need to create.

>
> The import, I suppose, occurs.  At least it appears to have.
>
>
>
> Here's the question:
>
>
>
> -- Is Mathematica using my column titles, so that I can refer to them in commands subsequent to import?
>
>
>
> -- If not, is there any format I can put my data into to begin with so that Mathematica will readily recognize my named columns?
>
>
>
>
>
> I certainly wanted to be getting on with the contour plots (SmoothDensityHistogram), but am having trouble getting my data into the required form.
>
>
>
> Any help appreciated.
>
>
>
> Nicholas Kormanik
>
> nkormanik at gmail.com

• Prev by Date: Re: Creating an ordered list of pairs
  • Next by Date: Laptop numpad enter does not evaluate cell
  • Previous by thread: Re: Creating a list of 1x2 element arrays without procedural
  • Next by thread: Laptop numpad enter does not evaluate cell