Using a notebook - how to add a caption and ...
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg129740] Using a notebook - how to add a caption and ...
- From: Eduardo MAM Mendes <emammendes at me.com>
- Date: Sat, 9 Feb 2013 00:46:11 -0500 (EST)
- Delivered-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Delivered-to: email@example.com
- Delivered-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Delivered-to: email@example.com
I have been using notebooks to write reports for a while. Although I am getting by (the package Presentations by David Park has been of great help), I still have some points that I am not sure how to handle. Ok, here they are:
a) Insert-> Picture-> From file inserts the jpg as advertised however I did not figure out how to add a text box that works as a caption just below the figure in the same cell. Of course the cell cannot be evaluated, so I have turn off that option. If there is a way to add the caption, I wonder whether the whole cell - picture + caption - could be centered justified.
b) Style - Text - How to create a dynamic cell, that is, suppose I have a text cell as follows
After some calculation the value of the variable omega is 3.4.
Instead of 3.4, I wonder whether it could be the actual calculated value of omega. If omega changes I do not need to change the text cell to update its value.
One thing that I've noticed is that one has to keep the cell size to a minimum, otherwise lots of almost blank pages come out of the printer.
Any tips and help will be most appreciated.
Prev by Date:
Re: Mathematica and Lisp
Next by Date:
PDF Broken in Mathematica 9.0?
Previous by thread:
Next by thread:
Re: Using a notebook - how to add a caption and ...