Low precision exponentiation
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg129825] Low precision exponentiation
- From: Blaise F Egan <blaise at blaisefegan.me.uk>
- Date: Sun, 17 Feb 2013 04:08:33 -0500 (EST)
- Delivered-to: email@example.com
- Delivered-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Delivered-to: email@example.com
- Delivered-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
I am trying to evaluate 2.5^125 to high precision.
R gives 5.527147875260445183346e+49 as the answer but Mathematica with N[2.5^125,30] gives 5.52715*10^49 and says that is to machine precision.
I am inexperienced at Mathematica. Am I doing something silly?
Prev by Date:
Next by Date:
Re: Mathematica and Lisp
Previous by thread:
Parallel coordinates plots
Next by thread:
Re: Low precision exponentiation