Numerical integration of lists

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg129886] Numerical integration of lists
  • From: Alexei Boulbitch <Alexei.Boulbitch at>
  • Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2013 01:06:44 -0500 (EST)
Dear community,

I am aware of the existence of a package enabling one to find derivatives of a function known as a list of data. Are there built-in methods to integrate lists?

More precisely, assume we have a list of the form lst={.{x,y,z}.}. It can be visualized as a 3D plot as
Plot3D[lst]  and we will see a 3D function of coordinates x and y.

How should I integrate this function over x and y within some specified domain, or within the whole part of the (x,y) plane, where this function is known?

I understand that one can first interpolate or fit this function, and then integrate it. Are there any built-in functions for this purpose?

Thank you, Alexei

Alexei BOULBITCH, Dr., habil.
ZAE Weiergewan,
11, rue Edmond Reuter,