Re: ComplexExpand off by a factor of (-1)?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg129893] Re: ComplexExpand off by a factor of (-1)?
- From: Bert RAM Aerts <bert.ram.aerts at gmail.com>
- Date: Sat, 23 Feb 2013 07:02:46 -0500 (EST)
- Delivered-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Delivered-to: email@example.com
- Delivered-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Delivered-to: email@example.com
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Friday, February 22, 2013 7:05:36 AM UTC+1, charl... at gmail.com wrote: > > ComplexExpand[(E^(I*y) - E^(-I*y))/2*I] I get a result of -Sin[y] instead of Sin[y]? If you expect Sin[y] as answer, you probably meant /(2*I) in stead of /2 *I