- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg129317] Re: kernel
- From: David Reiss <dbreiss at gmail.com>
- Date: Wed, 2 Jan 2013 21:14:27 -0500 (EST)
- Delivered-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Delivered-to: email@example.com
- Delivered-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Delivered-to: email@example.com
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
The second Kernel is a "helper Kernel" handles certain front end
tasks. It does not count towards your permitted Kernel count for
I do not notice the slowdown you mention though.
On Jan 1, 8:04 pm, "mathgroup " <fizzym... at knology.net> wrote:
> I notice when I run V9 and check the Task Manager that there are 2 Kernels running....is that how it is supposed to be?....
> I also note that, for some reason, everything in V9 has really slowed down , i.e. key stroke entry, etc.
> thank you......Jerry Blimbaum
Prev by Date:
Using units (SI, &c.) in Mathematica 9
Next by Date:
Previous by thread:
Next by thread: