Re: Large SparseArray in Mathematica 9 and the predictive interface

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg129319] Re: Large SparseArray in Mathematica 9 and the predictive interface
  • From: jmmv73 at gmail.com
  • Date: Wed, 2 Jan 2013 21:15:07 -0500 (EST)

Hi again,

You could even try the following (which is not a big sparse array):

DiagonalMatrix[SparseArray at Table[1.0, {100000}]]

...(without the semicolon and the "Suggestion bar" activated) and
the kernel will crash.
But, if you deactivate the "Suggestion Bar" everything goes smoothly.

I use to monitor the processes and memory by using the Sysinternals suite,
and in particular, the "process explorer" that comes with it.

My machine is a 4Gb Windows 7 Pro notebook with an Intel i5.

many thanks for the several answers given,
regards,

  Jose M. Martinez
  Ph.D. Student
  Department of Electronic Engineering
  Universidad Tecnica Federico Santa Maria
  Valparaiso, Chile