- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg129335] Precision
- From: Rob Ryan <tio540s1 at gmail.com>
- Date: Sat, 5 Jan 2013 02:19:25 -0500 (EST)
- Delivered-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Delivered-to: email@example.com
- Delivered-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Delivered-to: email@example.com
My frustration is growing. I simply want to add (for example):
103971.66+52282.64+2998.27. These are dollars and cents and I'd like to keep the cents. But when I input that line, I get 159923. When I input: N[(103971.66+52282.64+2998.27),20] I STILL get 159923. What do I do to get 159952.57? I've used "SetPrecision", etc. with still no result.
I note that when I type 103971.66 and hit shift-return, the output is 103972. If I then type "InputForm[%]" I get 103971.66.
There simply has to be an easy way to add these numbers - any calculator watch can do it!
Prev by Date:
Re: PolynomialQuotient slow
Next by Date:
Re: Mathematica 9.0 : SIGSEGV / Linux
Previous by thread:
strange behaviour of ListPlot with PlotStyle options in Mathematica 9
Next by thread: