Has anyone got code for a Smith Chart?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg129398] Has anyone got code for a Smith Chart?
  • From: David Kirkby <drkirkby at gmail.com>
  • Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2013 21:41:17 -0500 (EST)

I'm looking to plot data colected via an experiement on a Smith Chart. Does anyone have code for one, which will save me the not-inconserable effort of writing one?

There is one in the Wolfram archive
http://library.wolfram.com/infocenter/Demos/441/
but that is written for a very old version of Mathematica, and it appears unable to plot experimental data.

There is also a Smith Chart on the Wolfram Demonstrations project

http://demonstrations.wolfram.com/TheSmithChart/

but that one has a serious flaw. If one puts R=50 Ohms, C=0, L=0, then the point should be in the middle of the Smith chart, not to the far right hand side. It must be the most obvious point to plot on a Smith chart, but it fails.

Dave