RowBox disappearing Lines

Hi,

the RowBox problem appeared after changing to Mathematica 9.0.
Some times when merging cells (with Ctrl Shift M), some lines of code
disappear and a small Box pops up. When clicking on the Box the
following message shows:
"A RowBox with an invalid argument was encountered. The first argument
to RowBox must be a list".

The disappearing lines are the real problem.
This happens on and off, I can't see a reason for it.

If somebody has already solved that nuisance please let me know.
Thanks E.F.