Re: Syzygy module computation
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg131363] Re: Syzygy module computation
- From: danl at wolfram.com
- Date: Mon, 1 Jul 2013 05:50:18 -0400 (EDT)
- Delivered-to: email@example.com
- Delivered-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Delivered-to: email@example.com
- Delivered-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- References: <email@example.com>
On Friday, June 28, 2013 2:49:21 AM UTC-5, Marko Petkov=C5=A1ek wrote:
> Hi everyone,
> I wish to compute the first syzygy module of a finitely generated module over a polynomial ring over a field. Is there a Mathematica package available that does this? I am aware of Singular.m which is an interface to Singular, but I am looking for a standalone Mathematica package.
> Many thanks,
There is code to find the conversion matrix in the thread found by the below URL. It is set up to work on polynomial ideals by embedding in a module, so one would need to do a bit more work to enlarge that with a separate set of generators.
It also will give the syzygy matrix. Just use the rows for which the first column entry is zero (if I remember correctly how I set it up).
Prev by Date:
Re: Finding a function within an arbitrary expression
Next by Date:
Re: Complex path integral wrong
Previous by thread:
Re: eliminating script level change in a math cell...
Next by thread:
Re: What is f? Advanced question