Re: Constraint definition is not valid: WHY?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg131380] Re: Constraint definition is not valid: WHY?
  • From: Bob Hanlon <hanlonr357 at gmail.com>
  • Date: Tue, 2 Jul 2013 00:47:22 -0400 (EDT)

You wrote ReplaceAll incorrectly.

v1 = express ./ Par  should be written  v1 = express /. Par

Perhaps this is just a typo in your e-mail and not how you wrote your code
since this would give an error.

Functions use square brackets; for example,

V1 = f(e1, x)  should be written  V1 = f[e1, x]

In the statement

NMaximize[{objopt > 0, constr == 0}, {e1, e2, x}, Method -> NelderMead]

there is no expression to be maximized, just two constraints: an inequality
and an equation.

The error message indicates a problem with the constraint "expression" but
you have not

defined expression in the code snippets shown.

Bob Hanlon