Re: kernel is shutdown without an error message.
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg131412] Re: kernel is shutdown without an error message.
- From: Joe Gwinn <joegwinn at comcast.net>
- Date: Wed, 3 Jul 2013 21:59:41 -0400 (EDT)
- Delivered-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Delivered-to: email@example.com
- Delivered-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Delivered-to: email@example.com
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com>
In article <kr0oot$3f0$1 at smc.vnet.net>, Joe Gwinn <joegwinn at comcast.net> wrote: > In article <kqtl11$asi$1 at smc.vnet.net>, Changhyoup Lee > <changdolli at gmail.com> wrote: > > > I'm using mathematica 9 in iMac. > > During evaluation with numerical calcuations, the kernel is shutdown without > > an error message. > > I couldn't find why. The amount of free memory in my iMac is okay. What's > > wrong? > > > > For the same program that I like to run, sometimes it works but sometimes > > the > > kernel is shutdown during the evaluation. I don't know why. what can I do to > > fix such a problem or prevent in advance? > > Look in the MacOS console log. There will be traces of a death > struggle, and there may be a clue there. Use Google to find out how to > find the logs. The other thing to do is to post your code here - perhaps someone will spot the error, if there is a user error that is. Or reproduce the crash. Does it vary with type of platform? Joe Gwinn