keep special functions unexpanded

I am trying to create a list of ChebyshevT[n,x] polynomials of different orders to use as basis functions in a fitting routine. I want to keep the list in the form that explicitly shows the order number. For example, I want the list for order n=2 to look like this:
  basislist={ChebyshevT[0,x],ChebyshevT[1,x],ChebyshevT[2,x]}.
If I use Table to generate the list, I get each function expanded into a polynomial in x:

In[1]:= Table[ChebyshevT[i,x],{i,0,2}]

Out[1]= {1,x,-1+2 x^2}

How can I prevent the function from displaying the expanded form for each value of n? If I use the unexpanded form in the Fit[] function, it works just fine. But I lose the visual connection to the explicit order number in the input form of the function. Any suggestions how to keep the "n" visible?