anyone know of software to recover .nb files from a reformatted PC HDD?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg131441] anyone know of software to recover .nb files from a reformatted PC HDD?
  • From: parr.will at googlemail.com
  • Date: Tue, 23 Jul 2013 17:19:46 -0400 (EDT)

Hi,

I recently had some mathematica .nb files deleted from a disk (HDD of a PC). This was done by reformatting the disk. There are many software programs that can recover files from re-formatted HDDs, but the files they recover are usually common files such as .doc, .xls, .jpeg etc...

Does anyone know of a good recovery software that can recover .nb (mathematica) files? Or how else I can go about this? I know the files are still on the harddrive and have not been written over as an initial attempt to recover the files found all the surrounding .doc .xls etc... files and the .tiff files that I had produced using some of the .nb files.

thank you,

Will